ROAS Increase of more than 3.000%
As a prep for Prime Day we have presented our strategy how to maximize visibility and revenue with DSP campaigns in this blog post a few weeks ago. Now that Prime Day 2019 lies behind us, it’s time to take a look at the results. Read here how to achieve an amazing ROAS!
Over all DSP campaigns managed by metoda, we have achieved an average ROAS of 439 over the Prime Day period. This means an incredible increase of more than 3.000% compared to the prior time frame.*
Smart Campaign Structuring & Efficient Budget Handling
The key to DSP campaigns this successful is choosing the right targeting and campaign set up. This allows you to efficiently reach the most relevant target group with maximum visibility. Before we go into the details, here is a short recap of the specifics of DSP campaigns in comparison to other ad formats on Amazon:
Specifics of Amazon DSP Campaigns at a Glance
These are the main differences of DSP compared to Sponsored Ads:
- Broader reach due to extended ad network
- Extended targeting options, such as retargeting
- Link to external page, e.g. own online shop possible
- Revenue attribution to day of purchase
- Impression-based billing model (CPM)
- Selling products on Amazon not required
How to set up a Successful Targeting for DSP Campaigns
The USP of Amazon’s DSP targeting is that it is based on the actual personalized data of their buyers. This enables a highly relevant and extremely granular targeting in every stage of the customer journey.
These are the steps to set up a successful targeting:
- Define products (ASINs that have a deal during Prime Day are most suitable)
- Target users who are interested in these products
- Target users who are interested in similar products
- Define a reasonable look back window for retargeting (depending on the length of the individual customer decision journey)
- Define a reasonable look back window for excluded audiences
- Set specific bids based on the audience, targeting, product and expected ROAS
Smart DSP Structure to Efficiently Maximize Visibility
Next to the targetings, there are several options concerning the ad placement:
- Within the Amazon platform
- On third party sites of the Amazon ad network
- Desktop devices
- Mobile devices
metoda’s best practice: Set up a granular campaign structure that reflects the individual targeting and placement options. Thus, budgets and bids can be set accordingly.
The objective is to achieve maximum visibility for the most relevant targetings in terms of ROAS on the one hand. On the other hand, you can set budget caps for the less relevant options. From a timing perspective we recommend to start campaigns two weeks before the deal period. That way, you can collect data and fine tune your campaigns before the big day arrives.
The next important sales period on Amazon is coming up in November with Cyber Week. Do you want to achieve results this great? Get in touch with our experts now & book our Managed Service support!
*Data Source: All metoda-managed Amazon DSP campaigns
Time frame: Pre-Prime-Day (July 1st – July 14th) vs. Prime Day (July 15th & 16th)
Do you want to achieve a ROAS of 400+ during Cyber Week?
Always be the first to receive the latest news and insights on e-commerce optimization and trends, Amazon Advertising, and Retail Media. Learn how to empower your e-business!